American Inns of Court Foundation
News from National—May 2021
Dear Inn Leaders:
As you wrap up the Inn year, now is a good time to remind your members that the American Inns of Court continues to offer professional development, recognition, and engagement opportunities throughout the summer. Members can continue to earn CLE and engage in Ethics Month activities through INNovation Education’s online learning courses, improve oral advocacy skills through the National Advocacy Training Program, and contribute articles to The Bencher. Read about these opportunities and more below.
We understand that you may not be meeting in person, so please feel free to forward this email straight to your members! Simply delete these first paragraphs before you forward the email. You can also include the announcements in your monthly email or upcoming virtual meeting. If you or your members have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Here is what is happening at the American Inns of Court national office as part of your member benefits and some ways for you to get involved:
• Nominations for the 2021 A. Sherman Christensen Award [ https://www.innsofcourt.org/AIC/Awards_and_Scholarships/A_Sherman_Christensen_Award/AIC/Awards_and_Scholarships/A_Sherman_Christensen_Award/A_Sherman_Christensen_Award.aspx?hkey=854597d7-e0c8-4372-85f1-b4faa8c68459] , the Lewis F. Powell, Jr. Award for Professionalism [ https://www.innsofcourt.org/AIC/Awards_and_Scholarships/Lewis_F_Powell_Jr_Award/AIC/Awards_and_Scholarships/Lewis_F_Powell_Jr_Award/Lewis_F_Powell_Jr_Award.aspx?hkey=5f54dac2-08a6-43d1-9b01-a472e0afc7bf] , and the Sandra Day O'Connor Award for Professional Service [ https://www.innsofcourt.org/AIC/Awards_and_Scholarships/Sandra_Day_O_Connor_Award/AIC/Awards_and_Scholarships/Sandra_Day_OConnor_Award/Sandra_Day_O_Connor_Award.aspx?hkey=662bc44e-c122-450e-af4d-349c6a409c8a] are open. These awards recognize service to the American Inns of Court, outstanding professionalism, and pro bono service on the part of young Inn members. Nominations are due June 1, 2 021. For more information, visit www.innsofcourt.org/AwardsandScholarships[ http://www.innsofcourt.org/AwardsandScholarships] .
• Send us your ethical dilemmas. Send us your most challenging, common, or unusual ethical dilemmas or scenarios. You might just get your question answered by our panel in a new ethics course launching as part of Ethics Month in July. Email the scenario to email@example.com [ mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ] by Friday, May 7. You can remain anonymous or give us permission to use your name and Inn affiliation.
• Education: Anytime, Anywhere. The American Inns of Court has new on-demand courses available for CLE credit. Browse topics like Daubert vs. Frye standards, professionalism, and Alternative Dispute Resolution at www.innsofcourt.org/INNovationEducation[ http://www.innsofcourt.org/INNovationEducation] .
• National Advocacy Training Program. The American Inns of Court is pleased to again offer this unique training program for attorneys who are looking to develop or hone their oral advocacy skills. Registration is open at www.innsofcourt.org/natp[ http://www.innsofcourt.org/natp] for two sessions scheduled in Washington, DC this September 20–21 and September 23–24. Register now—space is limited!
• Write for The Bencher—The September/October 2021 issue will focus on Bankruptcy Law and articles are due June 1. Visit www.innsofcourt.org/BencherDeadlinesThemes[ http://www.innsofcourt.org/BencherDeadlinesThemes] for details.
Thank you for your time and please let me know how I can be of service to you and your Inn.
Chapter Relations Director, Northeast Region